It’s about time for another 5 ingredient recipe around here! This 5 ingredient chicken sausage and pepper skillet is beyond simple and so yummy! It could be served as an appetizer, but is also perfect for lunch prep and weeknight dinners. It’s all made in just ONE skillet and can be prepped and ready in less than 20 minutes.
Simply start by heating up a little olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add the sliced sausage and allow to cook for 2 minutes per side. The chicken sausage is already cooked, so our reasoning behind cooking it in the skillet is to not only heat it up but to get a nice char on each side. After the chicken sausage is nice and golden, add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook another 4-6 minutes, until the peppers are tender and onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and sprinkle with grated parmesan, and YOU.ARE.DONE. So simple and so delicious!Print
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Pepper Skillet
- Yield: 3–4 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1–12 oz package of chicken sausage, sliced into rounds (I used Jalepeno chicken sausage)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 3 bell peppers (I used yellow, red, and green), sliced into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken sausage and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add onion, bell peppers, and garlic to skillet and cook another 4-6 minutes, until peppers are tender and onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with grated parmesan.