As a new mom, one skillet, 5 ingredient meals are everything and this 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo skillet is a total life savor and perfect for the whole family!
This 5 ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo Skillet is ready in less than 20 minutes, made in one skillet, healthy, AND toddler approved! Thats a WIN-WIN if you ask me!
I like to use my 10″ Original Green Pan non-stick skillet for this dish because it works like a charm! It gives those chicken sausages the perfect golden sear that I am looking for.
It’s also non-toxic and super easy to clean. I also use this skillet for eggs, pan seared salmon, chicken, etc!
This 5 ingredient Chicken sausage and orzo skillet is truly great for the whole family and makes delicious leftovers if you end up having some left.
I’ve had so many friends that have made this for their kiddos and they have absolutely loved it! You bet your bottom dollar I’ll be making this for Piero as soon as he is old enough!
Can I sub any other kind of meat in this recipe?
Yes, absolutely!! I recently had someone tell me they subbed venison because they couldn’t find chicken sausage and it turned out wonderful!
Since chicken sausage is already cooked, the recipe only has you cook for about 2 minutes per side to get a nice golden char, so if you are using a raw meat, just season with your favorite marinade and make sure you cook it all the way before proceeding to the next step.
This 5 ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo Skillet is so quick, so easy, and seriously delicious! Hope you love!!!
Other 5 Ingredient Recipes to Try!
- 5 ingredient Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- 5 ingredient Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Boats
- 5 ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne
- 5 ingredient instant pot ground turkey red lentil penne
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo Skillet
This 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo Skillet is the perfect meal for busy weeknights. Made in one skillet, ready in less than 30 minutes, and great for the whole family.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: 5 Ingredients
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Italian style chicken sausages, sliced into rounds
- 1 c dried orzo
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chicken broth, more as needed
- 3/4 c shaved parmesan
- a few handfuls of arugula, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional
You will also need:
- 3–4 T olive oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken sausages and cook for 2 minutes per side, until nice and golden.
- Add garlic, orzo, and red pepper flakes, toss around for 1-2 minutes, until orzo is slightly toasted and garlic is really fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid has been absorbed and orzo is cooked. Add more broth as needed!
- Once orzo is cooked, stir in shaved parmesan and adjust s + p to taste.
- Toss with arugula just before serving. Enjoy!!