The moment you’ve all been waiting for: 5 Ingredient Chicken Piccata.
Ready and on the table in under 30 minutes and a dish the whole family will love! Chicken cutlets are first dredged in flour, then cooked in butter to golden perfection. Served with a white wine lemon butter sauce oh- my.
I’ve now made this dish 4 times in the last month. A few of the times were for testing purposes because I needed to make sure the recipe was just right for you guys, but the others were out of plain cravings.
I needed it. Had to have it.
It’s just one of those super comforting meals that never gets old. I like to serve it with roasted broccolini, a side salad, and sometimes buttery noodles because Mmmm.
It’s also delicious with jasmine or cauliflower rice and it pairs well with any roasted veggie!
Some people like to make Chicken Piccata using chicken stock instead of wine, and while I personally prefer the taste of the sauce when using wine, you can absolutely sub broth for whatever reason.
Can this dish be made ahead of time?
Abso-freaking-lutely!! That’s the glory of a one pot wonder such as this. Make it ahead whenever you get the chance, and simply re-heat in the skillet before serving.
This would make a fabulous dish to take to someone that just had a baby or is perhaps going through a rough time.
It transfers really well, and is just as delicious a few hours later when it comes time to eat.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!Print
5 Ingredient Chicken Piccata
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets (about 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half into 6 cutlets)
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 c dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1/3 c lemon juice + a few lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
- 3 T capers
- 5 T butter
- 3 T olive oil
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Parsley, as garnish, optional
- Season chicken cutlets really well with salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in flour, shake off excess and add to a clean plate on the side.
- Heat 2 T butter and 2 T oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat, until sizzling. Working in batches, add 3 chicken cutlets and cook for 2-3 minutes a side, until golden. Transfer to a plate on the side and cook remaining 3 cutlets. *You may need to add another T of butter and olive oil at this time. Transfer to the same plate on the side.
- Now, add lemon juice and white wine to your skillet, and using your spoon, scrape the brown bits off the bottom. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in remaining 2 T butter and capers and stir until butter is melted.
- Add chicken cutlets back to the skillet along with a few lemon slices, and spoon the sauce all over the tops. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed, and option to garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, side salad, pasta, etc.!