Talk about an easy weeknight dinner! This 5 Ingredient Beef Enchilada Casserole is beyond simple to throw together. Delicious, healthy, and great for the whole family, too!
Easy Tex-mex recipes are one of my favorite things to keep in my back pocket because they are delicious, healthy, usually good for the whole family, and quick. This 5 Ingredient Beef Enchilada Casserole is no exception. Grab your favorite enchilada sauce, a few cans of beans, tortillas, ground beef, and cheese, and get to cookin’!
Toppings are optional, however, if you happen to have any laying around, I would highly suggest adding a few. Think avocado, chopped cilantro, jalapeños, sour cream, tortilla chips, lime etc. A little extra oomph never hurt anybody!
How do you make this Easy Beef Enchilada Casserole?
To make this casserole is very simple– preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a rectangular casserole dish.
Prepare the beef & pinto bean mixture. Heat a few T olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Discard any excess grease, then season with salt and pepper and add pinto beans and 1 cup of enchilada sauce and give it a toss.
It’s time to assemble! Yep, it’s that quick and easy. Layer half of the prepared beef mixture into the bottom of your greased casserole dish, followed by 3/4 cup cheese and two tortillas. Add the remaining beef mixture, another 3/4 cup cheese, two more tortillas, last bit of sauce and last bit of cheese!
Bake! Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Top with any and all toppings of choice and enjoy!!
Other 5 Ingredient Recipes to try!
- 5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Okra Sheetpan
- The Easiest Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 5 Ingredient Creamy Beef and Shells
- 5 Ingredient Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet
As always, if you make this recipe, a comment and review below is SO very appreciated!! It’s so helpful for me and also other readers! Thank you for being here!! xo, LindsayPrint
5 Ingredient Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2– 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2– 12 oz jars red enchilada sauce (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 2 1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas, more as needed
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Topping suggestions (all optional!) : cilantro, avocado, lime, sour cream, red onion, salsa, jalapeños, chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a rectangular casserole dish.
- Heat a 1-2 T olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste. Discard any excess grease.
- Add beans and 1 cup enchilada sauce to skillet and toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Scatter half of the beef mixture into the bottom of your greased casserole dish, followed by 3/4 cup cheese and two tortillas. Top with remaining beef mixture, another 3/4 cup cheese, two tortillas, and the remaining enchilada sauce and 3/4 cups cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings (optional) and enjoy!