This 3 Ingredient Cappuccino Pie is so beyond simple and melt in your mouth delicious. Oreo Pie Crust is filled with your favorite coffee ice cream, then topped off with a nice layer of creamy hot fudge, and then stored in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
Cappuccino Pie is a Cola family favorite and the ONLY dessert Alessandro will eat. I was first introduced when I started dating Alessandro and quickly realized it was literally the only dessert he liked, so to make sure it’s at, well… every family gathering.
A local ice cream place called Henry’s Ice Cream is the real inventor of Cappuccino Pie so I most definitely can’t take all the credit. You can buy it at Henry’s, but they also sell it to Jimmy’s Food Store here in Dallas and a few local restaurants.
Anyone here in Dallas should absolutely support local and pick one up for the family, however, I wanted to create a way for those that don’t have access to be able to make it at home themselves and enjoy the goodness.
Cappuccino Pie is the perfect dessert for family gatherings, birthdays, Christmas, etc. Everyone will love it!!!
If you make it, I would absolutely love to see your creations, and I know Alessandro would be pumped too!Print
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 oreo pie crust (Store-bought for ease, however, make your own if feeling fancy!)
- 3/4 quart of coffee ice cream (I used Trader Joe’s Coffee Bean blast because it’s truly amazing)
- 11 oz jar hot fudge
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and let thaw for 8-10 minutes, until it’s easy to work with. Scoop ice cream into the pie crust and using a knife or spatula, carefully smooth into an even layer. Immediately transfer back to the freezer for 20 minutes or until frozen again.
- Spoon the hot fudge sauce over the top of the ice cream and quickly spread into an even layer over the top. The ice cream may start to melt so you may need to patch with more sauce. Transfer back to the freezer until frozen and ready to serve.
- Cut into slices and serve! *see notes
*We have always preferred our cappuccino pie by itself, however, I’ve seen some restaurants serve with whipped cream and strawberries- up to you!!