TORTELLINI ALL DAY EVERY DAY, SAYS MY HUSBAND ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
I’m always on the hunt for easy and delicious appetizers to bring to parties or when hosting friends, and these Tomato Basil Tortellini Skewers with Kale Basil Pesto are just the ticket!
The best way to go about this is to set up a tortellini assembly line. Put the Cooked Tortellini in a bowl next to bowls of mozzarella, fresh basil, and sliced tomatoes, and just go down the line. The best part is they can be made a few hours ahead of time and all you’ll have to do is take them out of the fridge and place them on a nice tray of sorts.
They look so nice and no one needs to know how easy they really are! Your secret is safe with me.
You can absolutely serve these beauties with store-bought pesto, however, I would highly recommend whipping up a quick batch of my Kale Basil Pesto and while you’re at it, maybe some Roasted Red Pepper Pesto as well?
Yep yep yep, this is the answer to any tortellini lovers dream. You got this!
- 25 wooden skewers
- 2- 10 oz containers Spinach Tortellini, cooked and set aside
- 1½ c Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 c Fresh Basil Leaves
- 12 oz Mozzarella Balls
- 3 T Olive Oil
- Cook the tortellini per the instructions on the package, strain, toss with olive oil, and set aside.
- To assemble, alternate adding tortellini, tomato, mozzarella, and basil to each skewer. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Serve on a long serving tray with a side of pesto of choice.