Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup- Quick, Easy, and oh so yummy!
I’ve now made this soup 3 times in the last 3 weeks. It’s safe to say i’m slightly obsessed. It’s just so easy, delicious, and comforting on a chilly day.
I promised I would get this recipe to you all, so here we are! I know i’ve been slightly MIA ever since our house remodel because it truly took every ounce of my energy (and time). The remodel was a huge huge huge undertaking and not having my own kitchen for 3-4 months made it very hard to maintain a busy and consistent food blog on top of my full time job and trips to Home Depot… lol. We finally moved in in late October and I then needed to furnish the dang thing, so my free time was stilll very limited. Thennnn, we didn’t waste any time and I went and got pregnant in November, sooo let’s just say as soon as I was ready to get back in the kitchen, I was knocked down by the First Trimester Hormone rush!
But here I am. I’m back and i’m ready to start creating fun, new recipes for you all! Starting slow, but hoping to get back to sharing 2-3 new recipes a week with you all. I just wanted you to know, I still love this blog so very much, I love creating new recipes for you and I’m here for the long run. Just had a couple road blocks this year, but hey, i’m back!
Back to why we’re all here in the first place…
This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is simple, yummy, and so flavorful. Start by sauteing the peppers and onions in the instant pot on the Saute function. Then add all remaining ingredients and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes- it’s no joke that simple.
I love adding endless toppings to my soups because it just adds a little more flair, but i’ll leave that part up to you! I hope you love! Please don’t forget to share your creations with me- makes me so happy!Print
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- Avocado, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Jalepenos, sliced
- Lime Wedge
- Tortilla chips
- Select the saute function on your instant pot.
- When the screen reads ‘hot’, add oil and onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add garlic, poblano pepper, jalepeno pepper, and bell peppers to the pot, and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Press cancel on the instant pot. Add chicken, chicken stock, spices, tomatoes, and chiles; give it a quick stir.
- Secure lid and set valve to “Sealing”. Cook on Manual setting- high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, very carefully switch valve from “Sealing” to “Venting” and allow all pressure to release from the pot before opening the lid.
- Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to your stand mixer using the paddle attachment and slowly shred the chicken. You can also place chicken on a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- Add chicken back to the pot, along with lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice.