I love simple and delicious meals. Not only does it make my life 10 times easier, but that also usually means I eat healthier throughout the week. This Avocado Chicken Salad is nothing short of easy and delicious. You can prep the chicken salad at the beginning of the week for lunches, however, wait to add the avocado until just before serving to keep it from browning.
I like serving this on top of mixed greens with fresh veggies, but it’s also incredibly delicious in a wrap, on crackers, or just by itself!
- 2 c shredded chicken (about 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
- 2 large ripe haas avocados (*see notes)
- 1/2 c mayo or greek yogurt
- 1/4 c red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1 1/2–2 limes
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scoop out the avocado into a medium sized mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until creamy but still has some chunks in it.
- Add salt, pepper, lime juice, chicken, red onion, jalepeno, mayo/greek yogurt, and cilantro to bowl of avocado and toss to combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, in a tortilla, on crackers, etc. Enjoy!!
*If you plan on making a big batch of this and eating throughout the week, wait to add the avocado until just before serving. The rest of the ingredients will last for up to 4 days in the fridge.