These Mediterranean Chicken Bowls are SO yum, fresh, easy, and healthy. All of the things you could ever want for a weeknight din. The prep time can take anywhere from 25-35 minutes, but after that, assembling the bowls is easy peasy. You can also prep the quinoa tabouli ahead of time and store in the fridge overnight if you’d like. The only thing left to do would be to roast the veggies and pan sear the chicken. I like topping the bowls with tzatziki and hummus because it adds a creamy and flavorful touch,
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4, thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 bunches of broccolini, stems removed and sliced into florets
- Salt and Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c cooked quinoa of choice (I used red quinoa)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 c chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c chopped kalamata olives, for serving
- 1/3 c crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- Tzatziki, homemade or store-bought, for serving
- Hummus, optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
- Add chicken breasts to a large ziplock bag with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme; let marinate while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Place cauliflower and broccolini florets onto baking sheet and generously drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, freshly cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder; toss it around to evenly coat all pieces; roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway, until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine cooked quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, 1 T olive oil, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add more salt and pepper if needed, and transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken breasts to skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, longer depending on the thickness of your chicken. When the chicken is cooked and no longer pink, wrap in foil for 5 minutes before cutting into cubes -This lets the chicken rest and helps to lock in the juices.
- To assemble, add roasted veggies and quinoa tabouli to the bowls, followed by diced chicken, kalamata olives, feta cheese, a scoop of tzatziki and hummus, and garnished with parsley and a lemon wedge.