Think spicy buttery shrimp nestled into a delicious duo of twisty zoodles and spaghetti. A little crunch and touch of spice with every bite.
This light dish is super easy to prepare, and perfect for any night of the week. You’ll get that pasta fix with the added benefit of less carbs, less cals, and more veggies.
If your man doesn’t love Zoodles, trick him into trying this perfect combo, and he may just be begging for more!
This light and scrumptious dish is the ideal meal for summer time because it’s just as delicious (if not more) when it cools off. Double or triple the recipe if your hosting the next summer shindig, and your guests will love it! Can also sub chicken, sausage, or any white fish.
MY mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- 10 raw shrimp
- 2 medium zucchini squash, spiraled into noodles
- 2-3 oz spaghetti
- 2 c broccoli
- 8 T butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (I love Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio Blend)
- ¼ c Parmesan + a few T for topping
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place shrimp in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti per the package instructions; strain, toss with olive oil and set aside.
- Keep spiraled zucchini noodles in a large mixing bowl on the side.
- Add 2 T butter to a large skillet over medium heat and allow to melt.
- Once butter is melted and pan is hot, add garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to pan. Cook for 1 minute until garlic and shallots become fragrant. Add broccoli to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding shrimp.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and fully cooked.
- Remove shrimp and broccoli mixture from skillet and place in a bowl; set aside.
- Using the same skillet, melt remaining 6 T butter and add spaghetti and shredded cheese blend (Do not add Zoodles at this time) Toss to combine until cheese is melted.
- Add cheesy spaghetti, broccoli shrimp mixture, parmesan, and lemon juice to the bowl of zoodles. Gently toss to combine; Option to top with chopped parsley and a few sprinkles of parmesan.
- Serve immediately with a lemon wedge.