I wasn’t lying when I said this Roasted Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Penne was my new fave fall dish because it’s seriously beyond delicious.
Penne pasta is tossed with deliciously roasted butternut squash, mushrooms, goat cheese, fresh basil, and candied pumpkin seeds. Are you drooling yet? Because I can definitely keep going..
I’m warning you: do not leave me alone with this pot of creamy goodness or there will 100% be zero left when you return! Not even one nood..
I’ve said it before, and i’m gonna say it again- I love roasted butt squash! Does me saying Butt squash offend you? I apologize if it does, i’m a big fan of abbreviations, and this one is just too good. This pasta has a few different moving parts, but very simple overall.
f i v e easy steps:
Step 1: Roast the Butt Squash
Step 2: Saute onion, garlic, bacon, mushrooms, and spinach
Step 3: Cook the pasta
Step 4: Toss squash with onion mixture, pasta, goat cheese, basil, and pumpkin seeds
Step 5: EATTTT
If you haven’t jumped on the butternut squash train yet, i’m telling you, now is the time. I literally cannot wait to make this dish again and i’m so pumped for you to try it. Please share with me if you do! I love hearing from you guys.
May every season be filled with this much butt squash.
- FOR THE ROASTED SQUASH:
- 3 c cubed butternut squash
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- FOR THE PASTA:
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 c yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices bacon, sliced crosswise
- 1 c white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 c fresh spinach
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1-8 oz box Penne Pasta (I used Chickpea Pasta by Banza), cooked per instructions on package, drained and tossed with olive oil
- ½ c crumbled goat cheese
- 8-10 basil leaves, rolled and sliced into strips
- ⅓ c candied pumpkin seeds (Pecans or walnuts would work also)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, and spread evenly onto parchment paper.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, until toothpick inserts easily.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and bacon. Saute for 5-6 minutes, until bacon is cooked.
- Add spinach to saute pan, and cook until wilted. About 3-4 minutes.
- Toss with roasted squash, penne pasta, goat cheese, basil, and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.