This Overnight Everything Bagel & Sausage Breakfast Casserole is your traditional casserole with a twist, and ideal for holidays or family gatherings because it’s absolutely delicious, but also convenient and super easy. You can prepare the casserole the night before and simply wake up to pop it in the oven = no mess and less stress.
It’s loaded with Everything Bagel Pieces, breakfast sausage, creamy eggs, and cheese- the perfect combo if you ask me, however feel free to customize the filling by adding kale, bell peppers, mushrooms, or any other idea you might have.
First, add the everything bagel pieces to the bottom of your greased 9 x14 casserole dish. Top with cooked sausage and half of the cheese, and then pour the egg mixture on top. Cover with foil and store in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake! It’s that easy.
You better believe this cheesy deliciousness is going on our Christmas morning menu paired with fresh fruit, crispy breakfast potatoes, a side of greens, and coffee, of course. YUM.YUM.YUM.
Breakfast made easy with this Overnight Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole. Ideal for holidays or group gatherings-make it the night before and pop it in the oven before your guests arrive!
- 2 day-old everything bagels, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- a few dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar or cheese blend of choice
- Grease 9 x 13 casserole dish and set aside. In a medium sized non-stick skillet, cook sausage breaking up until no longer pink. Drain grease and set aside.
- Spread bagel pieces along the bottom of the greased casserole dish. Followed by cooked sausage and half of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, half & half, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bagel mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the casserole, and bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.