Can anyone tell me how it is already mid-November? Time has seriously been FLYING by this year, and it’s freakin’ me out just a tad! I’m not too upset because the holidays are just right around the corner, which means it’s time for all of those delicious baked goods to come back into my life once again.
There is something about the holiday’s and the cooler weather that makes me want to bake. It could be the weather, but there is a high probability it’s my oversized sweater collection that makes me feel like it’s okay.
Let’s get real here everyone, who doesn’t love homemade baked goods? Well, let me just tell you a little bit about these Guilt-free Oatmeal Doughnuts with Cookie Butter Pecan Glaze. Only one word can accurately describe them- WOWZA.
The doughnut is one thing, but the glaze is another. A super creamy and decadent glaze that is so cookie buttery it will make you want to do back flips.
I’m not lying when I tell you this combo is U-N-R-E-A-L. Like melt in your mouth, foodgasm good, and I can assure you no one will be upset when these appear on the dessert (or breakfast) table.
I’m also not lying when I tell you I was straight up eating the cookie butter glaze out of the bowl with a spoon.
I think you should just go ahead and give it a whirl. Surprise everyone with something fun & different, and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- For the doughnuts:
- 1½ c all purpose flour
- ½ c butter, melted
- 1 c oats
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- For the Glaze:
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 c cookie butter
- ⅓ c chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and grease a 12-hole mini doughnut pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, butter, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to large mixing bowl, stirring until combined. Fold in the oats.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the doughnut pan, and bake for 9-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the cookie butter pecan glaze: In a medium sized bowl, combine all 3 ingredients and stir until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the glaze onto the doughnuts and I dare you not to eat all of them in one setting!