Say hello to your new summer fling. Chewy nut bar meets gooey dark chocolate almond butter cup. If that doesn’t do it for you, I don’t know what will. Whether you are looking for a new healthy-ish summer snack, bite-sized dessert, or quick & easy party food, you’ve found your match.
I’m really loving the fact that these creamy nut butter bars require absolutely no baking and can be prepped and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.. Only 15 minutes of actual prep time required, but I went ahead and factored in the time spent in the freezer.
The happiness you’ll feel when you take that first bite of melt-in-your-mouth goodness is just complete madness. If you’re not already an enthusiastic eater (i.e making loud “mmmmmmm” noises at the table, A.K.A., me), then I can pretty much assure you that will change the second you take that first bite.
Prepare these delicious treats ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Just grab-N-go!
Don’t be shy. The indulgence is waiting..
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c coconut flakes
- 3 T cacao powder
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c almond butter
- ¼ honey (can substitute maple syrup if preferred)
- Top Layer:
- 2 c dark chocolate chips
- 2 T coconut oil
- 3-4 T cacao nibs
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- To prepare the crust, combine almonds, coconut,and cacao powder in a blender or food processor and blend for a minute or two.
- Add in dates, and blend until mixture is well combined and loose dough is formed.
- Transfer the almond date mixture to the baking dish and spread with your fingers to evenly distribute into the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter and honey and stir together. Pour on top of crust and using a spoon spread evenly over entire crust. Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour chocolate over almond butter filling, and again use a spoon to evenly distribute over the top. Sprinkle the top with cacao nibs and freeze an additional 10-15 minutes, until chocolate has hardened. Cut into squares or bars and enjoy!
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.