I’m apparently really digging anything with Lemon & ALL the herbs lately. This Lemon and Herb Orzo Salad is seriously amaze. Once the orzo was done cooking, it took me less than 10 minutes to whip it up, and voila! An assortment of fresh herbs are tossed with orzo, lemon zest & juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, tomatoes, feta, and arugula to create a super zesty and tasty side dish. We’re talking fresh and simple and will pair perfectly with grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, etc. This dish can be served warm or chilled and will keep for a few days in the fridge. I also prefer to add in the feta and arugula just before serving, so it doesn’t get too wilted. TGIF and enjoy your weekends!!!
- 12 oz orzo pasta
- 3 T + 1/4 c olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 3–4 large lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 c fresh herbs (dill, parsley, basil, and mint)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 c crumbled feta cheese
- 2 c fresh arugula
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook per instructions on the package.
- When orzo is al dente, drain water, transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with 3 T olive oil.
- Add lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and tomatoes; toss to combine.
- Toss in arugula and feta right before serving.
- Serve warm or chilled.