Winter is in full swing for a lot of you and Christmas is right around the corner, which can only mean one thing.. you’re on the look out for the coziest meals on the planet to wrap you up and keep you warm on those chilly days. Which is why I’m here to share an easy and delicious recipe with you:
Italian Beef and Pepper Tortellini Soup!
Since I received such amazing feedback regarding my Italian Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup(thank you to everyone that reached out to me btw-i love you!), I couldn’t wait to create something a little different, but just as delicious for you guys.
This soup is quickly made in a large Stockpot or Dutch Oven and loaded with bell peppers, ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, kale, cheesy tortellini, and delicious spices. It’s also so super easy. I put my sous chef to work last night, so luckily for me I had everything chopped up and ready to go. However, with chopping included, this soup will be ready in 30 minutes or less! It stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days, so I plan on eating it for lunch alllllll week long, and i’m definitely not mad about it.
If you are entertaining friends or family this weekend, this is a great go-to stress-free option! It’s extremely filling, and super comforting. I would recommend serving it in bowls with freshly grated parmesan & a side salad. Your guests will thank you!
- 2 T olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1- 28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2-3 T tomato paste
- 6 c beef broth
- 10 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp salt, more to taste
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Freshly grated parmesan, for serving
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until no longer pink and fully cooked through. Drain the grease and add back to the stock pot.
- Add diced peppers to beef and onion mixture and saute another few minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices; bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kale and tortellini, stir, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until kale has wilted.
- Serve in bowls with freshly grated parmesan.