Winter is in full swing for a lot of you and Christmas is right around the corner, which can only mean one thing.. you’re on the look out for the coziest meals on the planet to wrap you up and keep you warm on those chilly days. Which is exactly where this Beef and Pepper Tortellini Soup comes into play.
Since I received such amazing feedback regarding my Italian Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup(thank you to everyone that reached out to me btw-i love you!), I couldn’t wait to create something a little different, but just as delicious for you guys.
This soup is quickly made in a large Stockpot or Dutch Oven and loaded with bell peppers, ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, kale, cheesy tortellini, and delicious spices. It’s also so super easy. I put my sous chef to work last night, so luckily for me I had everything chopped up and ready to go. However, with chopping included, this soup will be ready in 30 minutes or less! It stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days, so I plan on eating it for lunch alllllll week long, and i’m definitely not mad about it.
If you are entertaining friends or family this weekend, this is a great go-to stress-free option! It’s extremely filling, and super comforting. I would recommend serving it in bowls with freshly grated parmesan & a side salad. Your guests will thank you!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1- 28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 T tomato paste
- 6 c beef broth
- 10 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne (more to taste)
- 1¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up until fully cooked through. Drain grease and add back to pot.
- Add diced peppers to beef mixture and cook another few minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices; simmer for 25 minutes.
- Give it a stir, add in kale and tortellini and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with freshly grated parmesan.