These Dark Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies topped with crushed candy canes are the easiest sweet treat to throw together before your next holiday gathering. The candy cane crumble adds a fun & festive element without adding any difficulty to the mix.
First, Simply melt the chocolate one of three ways:
1. Use a double broiler
2. Create your own double broiler by putting the chocolate into a glass bowl and place it inside a pot of boiling water so that the water is 2 inches below the bowl.
3. Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and heat up in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
Once the chocolate is melted, dunk each oreo and toss it around so that the entire cookie is fully coated in melty chocolate.
Shake off any excess chocolate and then place onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan and top with crushed candy canes. If you aren’t a peppermint lover like Alessandro, feel free to use any festive sprinkles of choice! Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator for up to an hour, then enjoyyyyyy!!!
This is also a perfect activity for kids.. not too time consuming and easy clean up 🙂
If you make these delicious treats, please share by tagging #tippsinthekitch
Happy Happy Holiday celebrations to ALL!
- 12 oz package of DOUBLE stuff Oreos
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- ½ c crushed candy canes
- Line 11 x 14 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double broiler, heat chocolate until melted.
- Dunk each oreo into the melted chocolate, and flip it around so that it's fully covered.
- Shake off excess chocolate, place onto the parchment paper, and sprinkle with a little crushed candy cane.
- Place in fridge to harden for 1 hour.