True life: I married a Crepe monster.
I’d never had a crepe before I met Alessandro, nor had I ever met someone that could devour 12 crepes in one sitting. AFTER dinner might I add. My mother-in-law is from Paris and my father-in-law from Italy, so lets just say I have big shoes to fill in the food department. Alessandro’s favorite things include Pasta, bread, crepes, and cappuccino pie. The recipe for a great bikini bod, I tell ya.
Anywho, let’s get down to business. I asked Cathy (aka Nonna) if I could share her Crepe recipe with you all, and she so graciously said yes. So here I am, sharing a little Parisian love with you all. A little Christmas Parisian Love if you will.
I decided to get in the spirit this morning and make the crepes into little reindeer, aren’t they cute? My future kids would absolutely love them.
And, not to be afraid, my friends. Her recipe is so simple, and it will yield perfect crepes every time!
I ended up purchasing a Crepe Pan because I knew i’d be making these things for the rest of my life, however, feel free to use any non-stick skillet you have hanging around the house.
Alessandro’s favorite way to eat crepes is folded up with a little granulated sugar, however, I like mine with Nutella. It gets all melty and delicious and you will never want it to end.
Happy Happy Holidays to all!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 c water
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 T flavoring of choice (see notes)
- Nutella or sugar, for serving
- FOR THE REINDEER:
- Candy eyeballs
- Red m&m's
- Chocolate chips
- Place flour, milk, water, eggs, salt, and flavoring in your blender, and blend on a low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Let rest for an hour before using. You can also store in the fridge overnight.
- Heat up crepe pan or medium sized non-stick skillet.
- Pour ⅓ c crepe mixture into heated pan and quickly swirl to coat the pan evenly. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Serve hot with nutella, sugar, or savory filling of choice.
- If you are making into reindeer, create the antlers using melted nutella, ears with chocolate chips, and m&m's for the nose. Enjoy and Ho Ho Ho!!