Chipotle Lime Chicken Quinoa Bowls, get in my belllllllly. Says me, every meal of every day.
I’ve been on a major bowl kick lately. I love being able to throw a bunch of delicious things in a bowl and call it a day. Especially when little cooking time is involved. These bowls are loaded with juicy, flavorful chipotle lime chicken skewers, hummus, quinoa, romaine, grilled zucchini slices, avocado, red bell pepper, and lime wedges. Easy enough, right?
The hummus adds the perfect touch of creaminess to the dish and my all-time fave Chipotle paste adds just the right amount of kick. I was also majorly inspired by our gal What’s Gaby Cookin to make these bowls.. I love love love her Chicken Tawook Bowls, so why not put a little twisty twist on it?
Feel free to put your own twist on these as well! Just let your creative juices flowwww!
These are of course perfect for dinner, but would also be great for lunches! Enjoy!!
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 wooden or medal skewers
- 2 boneless, skineless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ T chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 T chipotle paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Zest of ½ lime + Juice of 1 lime
- FOR THE BOWLS:
- ¼ c hummus
- ½ zucchini squash, sliced into rounds and grilled
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- A few slices of red bell pepper
- 2 c shredded romaine
- ½ c cooked quinoa
- lime wedges, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Prepare marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken to bowl. and toss to coat. Cover and transfer to fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan and lightly coat with oil. Grill the zucchini slices for a few minutes on each side.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, and grill for 6-8 minutes each, turning halfway through.
- To assemble bowls, divide the quinoa into two bowls, followed by hummus, grilled zucchini, romaine, avocado, red pepper, chicken skewers. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.