These Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups are the perfect low carb yet extremely delicious lunch or dinner. The taco meat and chipotle crema can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble. I would suggest re-heating the meat before serving. Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day!!
For the chicken:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1–2 tsp chipotle paste or 1–2 chipotle Chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
For the chipotle crema:
- 1/2 c Mexican crema (can also use greek yogurt or sour cream)
- Juice of 1/2 lime, more as needed
- 1 tsp chipotle paste or Chiles in adobo, seeds removed
Optional toppings: Serrano’s, avocado, red onion, cilantro, watermelon radish, chipotle crema, salsa, lime wedge
- Heat 1 T avocado oil in non stick skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Now add chicken and cook, breaking up until no longer pink. Add spices and mix together. Now add chicken broth, reduce heat and simmer for another few minutes.
- To make chipotle crema, add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Spoon chicken mixture into butter lettuce cups and top with desired toppings!