Chipotle Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Pineapple Salsa
Hey Guys! Hope you all had a happy happy weekend. We were up in Minocqua, Wisconsin at my sister in Law’s family house and it was such a dream. Cool temps, so many outdoor activities, family time, 1 million cheese curds, and tons of laughs! We all need a nice relaxing break from time to time. But now, it’s back to reality…back to work, our house renovation, working out, healthy eating, and recipe development for my favorite foodies. I need a break from fried food for a hot minute, so this week we are focusing on healthy healthy healthy. Before I left, I made a big batch of my Detox Cabbage Soup and put it in the freezer, so that will help tremendously!
Today, we’re having these Chipotle Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Pineapple Salsa. I like to prep my pineapple salsa and chipotle chicken ahead of time. Simply reheat the chicken and cook the cauliflower rice just before assembling. You can always sub white rice if you aren’t a fan of cauliflower rice- completely up to you! Serve with freshly chopped cilantro, avocado, sliced watermelon radish, pineapple salsa, and lime. So fresh and so yum! Enjoy!!Print
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed and finely diced (or 1–2 tsp chipotle paste)
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 3–4 c cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp ghee (or olive oil)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c cilantro, plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and sliced
- 1 large haas avocado, sliced
- 2–3 c chopped romaine lettuce
FOR THE PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 2 c pineapple, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno, seeds removed and diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 handful Cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a T avocado or olive oil in a non stick skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until no longer pink and completely cooked through.
- Add spices, chiles, and chicken broth, and give it a good stir. Reduce heat and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the salsa by combining all ingredients in a small bowl; store in fridge while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- To prepare cauliflower rice, heat ghee or oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add cauliflower rice, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. When rice is warm, about 3-4 minutes, remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- To assemble the bowls, add chopped romaine, cauliflower rice, chipotle chicken, and top with sliced avocado, watermelon radish, pineapple salsa, and garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.