Chimichurri is such an easy and delicious sauce to make, and adds BIG TIME flavor to a variety of grilled meats and fish. The other night I made Steak Kabobs with this Chimichurri Sauce, however, I decided to add a few tsp of Chipotle Paste, and let me tell you–that was the best decision I made all day.
Chimichurri Sauce is typically served with grilled meats or fish, however, there is absolutely no limit to what you can put it on in my opinion. It’s so bright and fresh, and adds a ton of flavor to pretty much anything. I made a double batch last week so I could make steak Kabobs AND Grilled Chimichurri Flank Steak Bowls (YUM).
My best advice would be to keep a jar of it in the fridge and put it on whatever the heck your heart desires throughout the week! It’s delicious with roasted vegetables, potatoes, bread, soups, tacos, steak bowls, etc.
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I looooove garlic, so I most definitely use 5)
- 2½ T white vinegar
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (optional)
- Combine garlic, vinegar, cilantro, parsley, chipotle paste(optional), and spices in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour olive oil and lemon juice over the herb mixture and give it a stir. Store in fridge until ready to use.