When you’re in need of an easy, healthy, and convenient breakfast to grab-n-go on those busy mornings, these Cheesy Bacon and Egg Hashbrown Bites are just the ticket!
These can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator throughout the week–just toss a few in the microwave for a quick 45 second warm up and call it a morning.
Meal prepping definitely takes some getting used to because it does take a big chunk out of your day, but it’s so worth it when it’s all said and done. I love knowing I have breakfast and lunch prepped and ready to go for the week. It makes life just a little easier come Monday.
The prep is very minimal for these little bites of potato and egg goodness. I went with frozen hashbrowns because that’s half the battle right there! You can definitely cook your own russet potatoes, and peel/grate them if you prefer, but this is a much quicker alternative.
All you have to do is mix the hashbrowns, cheese and spices together in a large bowl and transfer straight to the muffin cups. Create little nests using your fingers and pop those suckers in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until hashbrowns have browned and edges have started to crisp. Remove from the oven, crack an egg into each nest, and cook an additional 7-9 minutes, until egg whites have set. Top with Bacon bits and chopped green onion and you-are-done. Woop woop, breakfast is prepped and ready to go for the week.
- 5½ c frozen hashbrowns
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 18 eggs
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin pans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hashbrowns, cheese, oil, and spices.
- Evenly distribute hashbrown mixture into muffin cups; use your hands to pack it tightly and shape into little nests.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the hashbrowns have started to brown and the edges are crispy.
- Crack an egg into each nest, followed by salt and pepper and return to the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites have set.
- Sprinkle with Bacon crumbles and Green onions. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.