I’m finally getting around to sharing this classic Pasta Salad recipe with you all! I’ve now made it three times this summer, but never captured any good photos until now, so here we are. This recipe is just a good ole recipe to keep in your back pocket. It’s the best summer side dish and goes with pretty much anything and everything. Or just eat it by itself for a refreshing light summer snack or meal. My mom used to make this ALL the time growing up, so it brings back some great mems, if you will.
Simply combine everything in a big bowl, toss to combine, and chill for a few hours before serving. It’s definitely most delish once it’s nice and cold. I used Girard’s Champagne Vinaigrette, but any Italian Dressing will work, too! This will last for 4-5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!!!
- 1 lb farfalle (bow-tie pasta, or pasta of choice), cooked per instructions on package
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 c carrots, chopped
- 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1½ c champagne vinaigrette (or your favorite italian dressing)
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta per instructions on package, until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and toss with a few T olive oil. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your other ingredients.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl, transfer to the fridge and let chill for 3-4 hours.