Outrageously yummy Pork Carnitas Taco Bowls loaded with black beans, corn, bell pepper, cabbage, and avocado. Meal Prep these bad boys for the entire week, and you will be so glad you did!
I made a big batch of Carnitas the other week and decided to meal prep with the leftovers, and man oh man was that a grand decision. I will be making these on the regular, i’ll tell you that much.
If you missed my tutorial on Instagram the other day, i’ll be sure to do another one soon, but to sum it up- i’m madly in love with my instant pot. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I had the most tender and perfect pork carnitas in just 30 short minutes. That is unreal and so cool, right? I love meal prepping. I realize it takes some time out of your Sunday, but it’s SO beyond worth it and will make your life 100 times easier come Monday. Just reach in the fridge and grab your meal prep container each day before going on your merry way! These bowls will last for up to 4 days, however, I would wait to add the avocado until the morning of to avoid it from browning. I like serving these bowls with salsa and lime juice, however, it would be delicious with any other light dressing as well.
- 2 c shredded pork carnitas (see recipe)*
- 3-4 c chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- ¾ c purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1½ brown rice (optional)
- ¼ c diced red onion
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 1 Jalepeno, sliced
- ¼ c cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges and salsa for serving
- Prepare Carnitas in your slow cooker or instant pot (see recipe). When meat is fully cooked, remove from pot and place onto cutting board to shred. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add carnitas and a few T sauce from the pot and cook until crispy.
- To assemble, divide romaine, carnitas, black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, cabbage, onion, jalepenos, and cilantro evenly among your meal prep containers. If you are adding rice, now is the time.
- To avoid avocado from browning, add to the salad the morning of or bring with you!
- Serve with lime wedges and salsa and enjoy!!