Hi, Guys! I made this delish Avocado Black Bean Charred Corn Salad for you and I think you’re gonna LOVE it. I promise I haven’t forgotten about you– it’s been the craziest couple of weeks maybe ever. We are currently in the demo phase of our remodel, and Alessandro thought it would be fun to do a lot of the demo ourselves. Let me just go ahead and tell you, fun is most certainly not the word I would use to describe it.
I’ve officially decided that I just don’t excel in that type of work. In fact, i’m the complete opposite. Imagine dust flying everywhere, loud hammer noises, all these tools being handed to me that I’ve never seen in my life, and pretty much a million things that need to be done. I did what I could gals and guys, but it sure wasn’t easy. Alessandro is wrapping up the rest of the demo this week before the big wigs get in there and do their thang, so I need that to get here and get here fast.
It’s been difficult to get anything but simple meals on the table the last couple of weeks, which isn’t always a bad thing except I haven’t had much time to share those with you all! I’ll be back in the game in no time, don’t you worry. I whipped up this Avocado Black Bean Charred Corn Salad tonight and it’s a TOTAL WINNER. Serve it with chips or as a side to grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp. It’s so easy and is the perfect appetizer to bring to any summer party.
- 4 ears or corn, charred
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalepeno seeds removed and diced
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3 T olive oil
- Juice of 3 large limes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 large haas avocados, cubed
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Queso Fresco, for serving
- Heat Grill or cast iron skillet. Rub each ear of corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook corn until nicely charred on all sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, bell peppers, jalepeno, tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, spices, and stir it up. Add charred corn and toss to combine.
- Just before serving, add diced avocado, cilantro, and sprinkle the top with queso fresco.