Anyone that knows me, knows that I could eat Mexican food for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for all the days of my life. These Breakfast enchiladas are a super fun way to mix things up without getting tooooo cray. Cinco de Mayo is without a doubt one of my favorite holidays.. unlimited amounts of chips & salsa, cheese, cheese, cheese, jalapeños, margaritas, more cheese, colorful sombreros, tacos, enchiladas, etc. etc. etc. What a fun ass time!
These Breakfast Enchi’s are sooo easy and delicious. Simply whip up those scrambled eggs per usual, then add onion, black beans, cilantro, queso fresco, and spices. Wrap it up, top with your favorite red salsa, more queso fresco, and Bake! Done and done.
These Breakfast Enchiladas are just a warm up– I have so many more delicious treats to share with you this week! I’ll be posting a Cinco de Mayo recipe round up in the next day or two so keep your eyes peeled! Happy Sunday!!Print
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 1/2 c red salsa (or your favorite red enchilada sauce)
- 8 eggs
- 1 T avocado oil (can also sub olive oil)
- 1 T ghee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 c white onion, diced (about 1/2 onion)
- 1– 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c queso fresco
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 8 Siete Grain Free Tortillas (or flour tortillas if you prefer)
- TOPPINGS: Cilantro, jalapeños, avocado, lime wedges, and salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease 9 x 13 pan and spread a thin layer of salsa over the bottom.
- Heat avocado oil and ghee in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add eggs, salt, and pepper to mixing bowl and whisk together really well.
- When pan is hot, add eggs and immediately reduce heat to low and continue stirring entire time until eggs are just set but still a little wet. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, beans, cilantro, 1/4 c queso fresco, chili powder, and cumin to eggs and stir to combine.
- Fill each tortilla with the egg mixture and roll up; place seam side down in the baking dish. Cover with remaining salsa and queso fresco.
- Bake for 15 minutes and boil for another 4-5 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Add desired toppings and serve!