Taco Tuesday is a real thing, people. Any excuse to get together with friends, eat tacos, and cruise into Hump Day is a good day if you ask me. I consider tostadas, taco salads, and taco bowls to be part of the #tacotuesday family, so I hope you all are okay with that.
These Beef Taco Salads with Cholula Lime Dressing are seriously such a easy mid-week go to and they are always delicious. The entire meal can be prepped and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Only three easy steps required:
Step 1: Prepare Dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a bowl; store in fridge.
Step 2: Saute your onion and garlic, then brown your beef and add all of the spices.
Step 3: Assemble the salads in the following order: Romaine, tomato, watermelon radish, jalepeno, avocado, ground beef, cilantro, green onions, cholula lime dressing, repeat!
Can we talk about this Cholula Lime Dressing for a minute? I’m talking the easiest and best dressing to keep around. Simply throw it all in a bowl and whisk it, whisk it good.
Zesty. Garlicky. Light. Delicious, and goes well with salads, tacos, eggs, tosadas, etc. Keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
These taco salad bowls are absolutely perfect for busy weeknights because the meat and dressing can be prepared ahead of time and all you will have to do is re-heat the meat and assemble the bowls. It’s still super fast if you don’t prep the meat/dressing ahead of time, I just wanted to give you the option. Also, feel free to use ground turkey in place of the beef if you prefer, however, keep in mind you may need a little additional seasoning. These taco salads are also great for lunch meal prep, just make sure to store the meat separately so it doesn’t get soggy.
I’d highly suggest serving with a few tortilla chips on the side to add a little crunchy crunch to the mix.Print
For the beef:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 6 c Chopped Romaine
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- Fresh Jalepeno, sliced
- Watermelon radish, sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Green onions, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
CHOLULA LIME DRESSING (OPTIONAL: can also use salsa as dressing)
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T Cholula Hot Sauce (I used Chili Garlic but the Original is also delicious)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until cooked and no longer pink. Drain any excess grease and add spices. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the salads, place 2 c chopped romaine into serving bowls, followed by ground beef and toppings of choice.
- Drizzle with dressing, cilantro, green onions, and serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.