Eating healthy is usually a combination between choosing to eat healthy & what’s available to you. Of course there are times (many times) you will choose the Parmesan Truffle fries over the Quinoa & Kale salad, but there are other times you want a healthier alternative.
I’ve found that if I keep healthy snacks around, I’m much less likely to turn to the candy or goldfish whenever snack time rolls around. And those that know me, know that I am a *truuuueee* candy lover.
These Almond Coconut & Cacao protein balls are the perfect grab & go kinda snack. You literally just blend it all up, roll into balls, and refrigerate. They will be good for the week, so you are all set and ready to roll!
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c coconut flakes
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 2 T raw cacao powder
- 1 T coconut butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 3 T agave nectar or honey
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed
- Add coconut and almonds to blender, and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Add almond butter, coconut butter & oil, agave nectar, and cacao to mixture; blend slowly.
- Add in dates one at a time, and continue to blend until mixture becomes sticky.
- Roll into balls and place onto parchment paper. Refrigerate for an hour or two and dig in!
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy throughout the week.