Creamy dark chocoloate & crunchy crushed oreo pieces tossed together with Lightly Salted & fluffy popcorn. That’s an instant crowd pleaser right there and only 3 ingredients!
I love love love popcorn. I recently picked up a bag of Cooking Light’s new sea salt popcorn at the store, and it’s so so fluffy and delicious. I thankfully had that lying around or else I wouldn’t have had time to prepare anything for my niece’s birthday party this past weekend. Time got away from me, and I was running around like a mad woman, per usual.
This is quite possibly the easiest thing to prepare- just toss all 3 ingredients together in a bowl and allow to dry on parchment paper..or don’t.. I definitely had to force myself to stop eating it so we’d still have some to bring with us. It was just so warm and chocolatey.. I couldn’t resist.
If you are in need of an easy and fun snack to bring to a birthday party or shower, you should definitely give this Chocolate and Oreo coated popcorn a go. It’s easy to transport, looks super cute in any bowl or cup, and is the best finger food. You may want to sneak a little aside for yourself because this crunchy goodness will be devoured in minutes!
- 7 oz bag Lightly Salted Popcorn (can also pop your own of course)
- 3 c dark chocolate baking pieces
- 15 oreos, crushed
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using a large ziplock bag, place oreos inside and crush with your hands until broken into small pieces.
- Heat chocolate using a double broiler or microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Pour chocolate and oreo over the popcorn, and toss until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Pour onto parchment paper and let dry for 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container for a few days.